Welcome to Leigh & Bransford Memorial Hall
Leigh & Bransford Memorial Hall and Recreation Ground is probably the largest community hall complex in Worcestershire, with wonderful views of the Malvern Hills. Our building comprises two spacious halls, each with their own toilets, a small committee room, a well-equipped central kitchen with adjacent bar and outside a two-acre playing field. The facilities may be hired separately or all together as a complete package.
CORONAVIRUS – COVID-19
LATEST UPDATE FROM THE TRUSTEES OF
THE LEIGH AND BRANSFORD MEMORIAL HALL : APRIL 2021
Thank you for visiting our website and considering us as a venue for your future hire.
The Hall is now OPEN, in line with the government’s four-step Road Map out of Lockdown.
You can read the full details of the government’s plan here:
What are the planned dates for the phased reopening of the Hall?
Starting on MONDAY 12 APRIL we are allowed to open the hall for the following bookings:
- Wakes and wedding receptions with up to 15 guests
- All indoor children’s activities, including dance classes, musical activities, Rainbows, Cubs, Scouts, Brownies and Guides
- Parent and Child (Toddler) with up to 15 attending plus under-fives.
Starting on MONDAY 17 MAY we are allowed to accept bookings for controlled indoor events such as:
- Community cafes, coffee mornings, social club and training meetings and gatherings
- Film shows, plays and concerts subject to social distancing
- Indoor sports activities, including exercise classes
- Up to 30 people will now be able to attend wedding receptions, wakes and anniversary celebrations
- Christening, bar mitzvah and all other faith-based celebrations and family naming ceremonies for children
- Organised outdoor entertainment
HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE:
- The “rule of six” will be abolished for outdoor gatherings but replaced with a limit of 30 people
- Strict limits on numbers attending indoor events will still be in place, with a limit of 30 people
- Guidance on social contact between friends and family will be reviewed
- While so-called “vaccine passports” are under consideration for allowing certain indoor venues to re-open safely at this step that would hopefully be confined to larger venues, not village and community halls
- IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT ABOUT ANY OF THE CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO OUR PHASE TWO OPENING YOU CAN EMAIL US AT email@example.com
Starting on MONDAY 21 JUNE all legal limits on social contact are removed, this means that:
- Outdoor events with more than 30 people can take place
- Dancing is permitted
- Restrictions on numbers at weddings, wakes and other gatherings are abolished
HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE:
- Test, trace, and isolate will remain in place, so there will be the continued need to keep records of attendance for this purpose
- Continued attention to hand washing, good hygiene, wearing of face masks, social distancing and indoor capacity limits will be required until at least the 21st June
- The government has warned that some of these measures may need to be reapplied next winter to keep the virus under control.
- In the meantime you can still contact us by email with any queries you may have regarding a booking or bookings you have already made or a future booking you hope to make later in 2021 or beyond. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience during these difficult times. In the event that your scheduled hire has to be postponed due to the continuing or reintroduction of restrictions, the Trustees have agreed that your event may be rescheduled to another suitable date (subject to availability) at no additional charge and with the minimum of fuss.
Alternatively, in the event that restrictions continue, should rescheduling not be an option and you have to cancel, we will reimburse any payment you have made in full – with no administration charges.
AN IMPORTANT FINAL NOTICE
Finally, as we all now live with the ever-present threat that the virus will, in all probability continue to spread and mutate – even after the final restrictions are potentially lifted on 21 June, our additional Covid-19 Terms and Conditions of Hire will continue to apply UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. This is to protect you, your guests and those that maintain the building and future guests. All future bookings will require you to acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these additional terms.
You can read those additional T&Cs here:
Chair of Trustees
(This update – April 12th, 2021)
The Small Hall – part of the original memorial hall – measures approximately 6.1m x 11.9m and has a large storeroom at the one end. It has capacity for up to 150 people; its own dedicated set of toilets; folding doors that link to the Large Hall and easy access to the central kitchen (with serving hatches); bar area (with serving hatch); entrance lobby and furniture storeroom.
The Large Hall – part of a later extension to the original building – measures approximately 8.5m x 16.4m and has a large, curtained stage area at the one end. It has capacity for up to 160 people, its own separate entrance lobby and toilets; folding doors that link to the Small Hall and easy access to the central kitchen; bar area (with serving hatch) and stage with rear door access.
Both halls may be hired together, which is ideal for larger gatherings; they can accommodate up to 310 people. The folding doors between the two halls gives greater flexibility to create separate and distinct areas for the different activities that may be taking place at your event, i.e. eating and dancing, etc. You get exclusive use of the whole building and its facilities for the duration of your hire.
Our Wedding Package gives you exclusive use of the entire community hall complex, (both halls; both sets of toilets; the lobby; central kitchen with serving hatches; bar room and field) from 1pm on the Friday through to 1pm on Sunday. Plenty of time to decorate; dress the tables prior to the Reception and to clean and clear away on the Sunday. Contact us if your wedding doesn’t fall over a weekend.
To the front of the halls we have a flat field of approximately 2 acres set in area that is ideal for sporting parties, sports clubs, bouncy castle parties, car boot sales, BBQs or even events that require a marquee. The field can be hired with either hall or stand-alone. Access for vehicles, if required, can be made available through a separate gateway. See our FAQs for more details about hiring the field.
There is, subject to availability, space for up to 5 caravan pitches to be booked at any one time in this beautiful location. Access to the camping field is through a securely locked gate from the car park. Fresh water from a mains tap is offered to top up your caravan water, but there are no onsite washing or toilet facilities unless you are attending an event that is booked at the Hall. Pitches for tents can also be made available.
Prices per hour
SMALL HALL PPH£16.50The hire period will start from the time of entry until final departure. You should therefore allow sufficient time when booking for any initial period of preparation before the event begins and again after the event to clear away and clean up.
LARGE HALL PPH£21.00The hire period will start from the time of entry until final departure. You should therefore allow sufficient time when booking for any initial period of preparation before the event begins and again after the event to clear away and clean up.
BOTH HALLS PPH£29.00The hire period will start from the time of entry until final departure. You should therefore allow sufficient time when booking for any initial period of preparation before the event begins and again after the event to clear away and clean up.
WEDDING PACKAGE£620.00This package provides full exclusive use of the hall for 48hrs - From 1pm on the Friday until 1pm on the Sunday. Your hire rate will include the use of field on the day of the actual wedding - which is a great photo opportunity.
FIELD HIRE PPH£5.50The hire period will start from the time of entry until final departure. Ideal for sporting parties, sports clubs, bouncy castle parties, car boot sales, BBQs or even a marquee, the field can be booked with either hall or as a stand alone hire. An outside tap is available.
CARAVAN PER DAY£10.50There is space for up to 5 caravan pitches or tents. Access to the camping field is through a securely locked gate from the car park. Fresh water from a mains tap is available, but there are no onsite washing or toilet facilities. Pitches are charged by the day.